Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Walk in the park


Sadly this weekend was all rain, all sad weather. But last weekend I was lucky enough to get to talk a walk in a park in Irvine with a good friend of mine. It was in between classes and the sun was shinning so we decided to take advantage of this possibly brief moment of more pleasant weather than it has been lately. As I walked through the park I took a moment to look at what was around me. As I looked up I saw the sun struggling to shine it's way through a dark, dense tree. The silloute was beautiful and it looked much like the effect that is created when a stage light shines through a gobo. The sun became the back light, shadowing the tree and creating a beautiful shape and contrast of darkness and light. It was really exciting to see natural light of the sun create many of the effects we have been learning about in class. It helped to connect and set in the information for me which was awesome.

1 comment: