

Well I had another experience in my car. I drive too much, and hence I have too much time to think there. A few classes ago, Lonnie mentioned something about lighting getting 'brighter' over the years. He meant this in performance terms but I couldn't help noticing it's application in daily life. ...Or should I say Nightly life. I've noticed, in some cities more than others, that lights are dominating the night. I think it's because our society is so round the clock (and laughs at the notion of sleep) that it is trying to eliminate the night in a sense and make it daytime literally all day. Especially in Los Angeles, the lights outside are getting brighter every year. A long time ago, when night came, everything turned off, and people went to bed. Even in Greek times there's record of wars ceasing during the night to sleep! Now that we have the technology, our society never wants to sleep, cause it thinks it doesn't have enough to time to get everything done. It is nice that because we're turning night into day, anyone can get most anything any time they want, but it's slightly a shame because sleep is such a wonderful thing. Society is turning sleep into somewhat of a rare luxury in favor of more hours of production.
Nice observances. It is also so much easier at night to create exactly the atmosphere that the owners want to make people want to be in the environment and purchase the products :)
ReplyDelete