
Last weekend I went to Las Vegas to help a friend move. If any place on earth has more brilliant light displays, I'd love to see it. One part of Vegas always catches my eye, the Luxor hotel. I've never seen on light command so much attention. These 39 individual bulbs, each an impressive 7,000 watts, can literally be seen from space. As if the beam wasn't attention grabbing enough, the four streams of light travelling down the corners of the pyramid tell your eyes exactly where to look. It's a surprise more traffic accidents don't happen near this thing.
Also on this trip, I saw sort of a funny use of light.

These advertisers had to know that once the lights in the bus turned on, this would happen. Talk about commanding attention! "What? Boobs? Buffet? Margaritas? I'm in!" Well, not me personally, but you know, other people.
Nice post - made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteYes, you could post blogs for about year from images in vegas and never repeat - both good and bad.
Nice observances on the power of light!