Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Lines and Clouds
I love Disneyland. Who doesn't? There's something for everyone, even for the avid lighting designer. Or perhaps just a curious lighting design student. After going through my photo library, I came across series of pictures taken in the California Adventure park. The pond had been drained entirely, with only small pools of water sporadically dotting the cement floor. I took the picture across the dry pond from the giant ferris wheel, with the roller coaster looping around behind it. It was maybe 4:30pm, and the sun was almost directly behind these massive structures, with a pillowy plethora of clouds refracting its light. It was truly stunning because the silhouettes of the wheel and coaster were dark and perfectly outlined, while the cloud cover had a golden glow flanked with the pale blue of the still afternoon sky. The contrast between the harsh black outlines and the softly glowing backdrop was lovely. Unfortunately, my computer is out of commission for a new hard drive, but perhaps when I get it back I can upload the photo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very descriptive post - nice observances of color and contrast in light!
ReplyDelete