
Fashion island is a great place to get pictures of the sunset because it's so far out and near the ocean that you really don't have to worry about a ton of streetlights. I think sunsets are the best examples of lighting because they have so many different colors and shades to them, and nothing is artificially done. The colors, although at two extremes (the blue/greys and the pink/oranges) blend well together and they compliment each other very well. Because of the palm trees, I feel like this sunset could be on a post card. The streetlight in the foreground sticks out and pulls your focus because it's so bright, but when juxtaposed with the sunset it seems so phony. The artificial light has a different feel to it: it's cold despite being bright and I think that's because even the dark colors of the sky have a warm intensity to them.
Nice analysis of the photo - nice comments on warm and cool colors and artificial vs natural light
ReplyDelete