Monday, February 9, 2009
Grammy Lights
On February 8th, I worked the 2009 Grammys. I love the lighting designs of the program. Since I've been taking this class, my eyes pay more attention to light quality. In the different artists' performances, I could only tune in to their lighting cues. This past week, we've been studying and displaying emotional cues with our corresponding picture. It was interesting to see how the lighting designer's chose the best cues for the artist's songs/performances. For soft mellow ballads the designers used a Leiko light with an intensity ranging between 40-60 percent. For harsher rock/rap songs the lighting designers used a combination of Fernels and Leikos at 80-100 percent. It obvious they chose these different types of lights to match the songs. By recognizing the different usage of light, it allowed me to enjoy the performances more now that I've been educated about lights, cues, etc. Japhine Johnson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice observations - I am glad that class has helped you to see more in terms of lighting
ReplyDelete