Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunrise

It's been a long weekend, but I awoke this morning at 5:00 am to get to work on time. My drive back to Irvine seemed to almost concur with the waking of the sun. As I drove south on the 405, I watched as the sun slowly rose and rose until a beautiful rainbow of color splashed across the rippled clouds. Most of the sky was covered with a grayish fluff, but as the sun poked through underneath it all, a beautiful reflection shone. It started with a yellowish/green where the sun came from, and slowly, the colors faded into one another. First here was orange, and then there was pink. Then came a purplish color, and finally all color faded to blue that faded in with the gray of the clouds. It was a beautiful sight to see after a not so beautiful weekend in my mind. And the fact that just this light made me feel better makes me realize how much effect light had on attitude and emotions. The light reminded me that everyday is a new beginning. Who knew I could learn so much from light?

1 comment: