Friday, January 16, 2009

Beach Day


This week I went to the beach with my two best friends.  We got the beach at about 2 pm, we laid out in the sun for a while then we decided it was time for pictures.  It was now around 3, the sun was starting to set but it was still fully visible.  The light of the sun gave everything a warm glow, and the light bouncing of the water was beautiful.  We made sure that when we took our pictures that the camera wasn't pointing directly into the sunlight.  We didn't want to ruin our pictures.  But eventually my friend was just sitting on the beach and the setting sun was right behind her, and I saw the opportunity for a great picture.  I tried to frame it right but the sun was shinning directly into my camera, so with the sun glaring in my eyes i pointed my camera, hoped that everything was centered and I shot it.  The picture came out perfect.  its one of the favorites that I took.  Why do we avoid sunlight in our pictures, when it can make our original ideas even better?


1 comment:

  1. Nice observations - I love the quality of light at the beach - it is amazing what the water does to it

    ReplyDelete