Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blog #1

Sitting in front of the Ahmason theater during the day was an odd experience. I have never experienced the plaza outside of the theater when the sun has been out. Though I appreciate the lamp post located everywhere, along with the dancing water that also contains light, it was refreshing to experience the natural light that the day had to offer. The sun beating down was refreshing as I watched the different shapes and designs that the suns light added to the decor of the theater's outside doors and walls. When I think of lighting, I mostly think of the lights that hang from the wall, such as the disgusting lights in the movie theater, you know the ones that make every aspect of your face look disgusting....however, I very rarely think of the sun, the natural light that wakes me up in the morning and distinguishes night from day. After being in a room full of dim lights in a dance studio, heading out into the world...aka LA...was refreshing because the amount of light that the sun radiated immediately brightened my day because it was a sudden change from cold darkness to warm light. As I tried to hide from it under a shady umbrella, I realized that it was pointless trying to hide because light was everywhere and I may as well embrace it, instead of hiding from it.

1 comment:

  1. nice comments - more people should observe natural light and then design indoor light, as natural light makes us more comfortable and healthy
    Nice post

    ReplyDelete