Friday, January 16, 2009

Hello Goodbye


This is not Irvine but I took this picture on my last evening in Paris, so it was only a few weeks ago.
I like this picture because of the lighting. Me and a friend went to a small park to the left of Notre Dame for a picnic dinner. When we arrived at the park it was fairly light and we had not realized dusk had fallen until I took this picture and looked at the screen. We had enjoyed are dinner and conversation without even realizing the sun had gone down but we did recognize how comfortable we were (and I don't think it was just the wine). The soft dusk and dim lights around us had created a warm, enchanting mood that encouraged us to reflect. The lighting had (as cliche as it sounds) enlightened us to where we were. Where I was made me reflect on how I got to this place, the people I was surrounded by and how I was leaving this. I was caught in the transition of day to night, just as I was caught in a metaphysical transition.

1 comment:

  1. Nice observance of light and how it can affect us - some cities in Europe seem like they were designed to evoke these kinds of emotions

    ReplyDelete