Monday, March 2, 2009

The Park After Hours

I work at Disneyland, and I love how the lights stay on after all the guests leave the park because that is the only time that I actually get to look around.  The princess walk in fantasyland is bathed in a white light.  However, last night I looked up and realized that there were color gels in about 75% of the lights.  They used a lot of warm, rosy tints with just a few in the bluish lavender family.  The rosy tints were used for a general wash of the princess walk, while the bluish lavender colors were used directly on the princesses.  To me, this look helped create the idea of stepping into a fantasy world

1 comment:

  1. Nice connection from color to emotion. The effect of white light from these color is the complementary tint system. It adds dimension nicely.

    ReplyDelete