Saturday, March 14, 2009

old blog repost

2/15/09
So Friday was really stressful for me. I got in an argument with someone, was late to class, grabbed the wrong folder….one thing after another seemed to just go wrong for me. By the end of the day when I was finally able to go back to my dorm to just lock myself away from the world and go to bed early I was seriously ready to either throw something or cry. As I reached the second landing on my stairwell I looked out over the construction going on in AV and the sun was just starting to set. I love sunsets. I’m not a morning person so I normally miss the sunrise, but I stop for a sunset. And I did. I just stopped and looked out at that beautiful sky and for the first time all day I could take a deep breath. The light felt like a clean wash of energy that just erased all the crap and negativity that had been building in me all day. I’ve often thought the most difficult and most beautiful thing an artist could paint would be a sunset because each one is unique and exquisitely beautiful. I can’t paint or draw or even sketch, but if lighting is like a brush then maybe someday I’ll be able to paint a sunset too.

1 comment: