Sunday, March 15, 2009

MOon

I saw Rent this weekend at the Civic Theatre in San Diego and as I was waiting at the stage door at about 11:30pm I decided to make some observation. The moon lit the entire sky and seemed especially bright that night. The white light that illuminated the sky created a reminiscent feeling. It was very funny because I realized that many people in our class, including myself, have created the moon in our lighting projects. I understood why the moon could be seen as a sort of spotlight because that is the way it felt. I was waiting outside the theatre and it felt like the moon was always directly on top of me. The moon is symbolic in many compositions because there is a sort of comforting feeling. Amidst the darkness the bright light seems comforting and calming. GO MOON!

1 comment:

  1. Nice observations - moonlight creates such a wonderful quality of light

    ReplyDelete