Monday, March 16, 2009
'Ella'ments of Light
Just last week I saw a production of Ella at the Laguna Beach playhouse. While the show itself was not so fab, the lighting design was absolutely amazing! Because there was only one set for the entire show, it called upon the lighting designer to create the shifts in the musical. As far as everything we have learned this quarter, I really felt like I was able to understand and appreciate how much work goes into a show and also what the full potential is for a lighting designer. I recall one point in the second act when Tina Fabrique (the woman who played Ella) was singing an up-tempo jam in a concert setting. The lights were tinted yellow and she was wearing a blue dress and so when the two combined, it created green! This reminded me of McCandless and his color system and really brought the show to life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice observations on color
ReplyDelete